Saturday, July 5, 2008

To my shame

If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. [James 1:5]


Do we really believe that? I thought I did. I really thought that when push came to shove I could rely on God for anything. But the problem was not that I did not recieve, but that my faith was so small it did not allow me to expect God to come through for me.

What happened was, I was struglling with a robotics problem. This problem prevented me from even starting my masters programming. Without a solution, I was becoming desperate. Eventually on Thursday night I dropped to my knees and cried out, telling God that I can't do it on my own, that I needed help.

This was a good thing. It was the right first half to application of James 1:5. But I had too soon forgotten the prayer by the time I went in to university the next day. You'll never guess what happened.

I got through the problem!! Not only did I solve it, I smashed it! I got it so right and so simply that I am sure it will help others. It is the kind of thing that needs to be explained before it can be understood.

My joy was made great by realizing how kind God is to answer prayer to those who lack in faith. I asked, but the question is: Did I believe? I feel I should have put my actions where my prayer was. I prayed for change, but did nothing about it. Sometimes we can get so lost in God's sovereignty that we forget that God has also made us responsible.

If you want you can read my solution [HERE]. While there were people that responded to the problem, they did not give me the neat solution that so seemingly just came to me. I cannot help but praise God and feel ashamed, but I suppose that His strength is made perfect in our weakness! Praise Him, for He is worthy!

1 comment:

Ant said...

This is an area I fail too - asking but not believing. You're right, His strength is made perfect in our weakness, His perfection in our imperfection! Praise God for His patience!