Thursday, September 25, 2008

Words to live by

I was really down on Tuesday. There are times in my life when I get so focused on this world that I forget my purpose. I forgot what life was all about. It hit me so hard I was really in a pit of despair. On top of this I had to work on a public holiday, which is never something I look forward to. I was getting down about the whole wife issue and getting anxious about my studies. I really was quite upset.

So I went to bed, after hardly eating, and got up at 8:30. As I get in my car this hymn plays:


God sent His son, they called Him, Jesus;
He came to love, heal and forgive;
He lived and died to buy my pardon,
An empty grave is there to prove my Savior lives!

Chorus
Because He lives, I can face tomorrow,
Because He lives, all fear is gone;
Because I know He holds the future,
And life is worth the living,
Just because He lives!

How sweet to hold a newborn baby,
And feel the pride and joy he gives;
But greater still the calm assurance:
This child can face uncertain days because He Lives!

And then one day, I'll cross the river,
I'll fight life's final war with pain;
And then, as death gives way to vict'ry,
I'll see the lights of glory and I'll know He lives!

Talk about POWER! It was like the voice of God reminding me of my purpose. I don't live for those things: women, studies, work - it's all just a part of life (it's part of the curse actually), but that isn't purpose, that's fleeting.

I can live with a vision eternal - I can face anything because I know that God is more important and in control. There is nothing that can stand against me, considering with whom I stand! I pray that God would keep me in the remembrance of these things, and in doing so I can overcome anything!

When we keep our eyes on the whelming flood, it's no wonder we sink beneath the waves. When we see the glory of the Lord, of course everything else is depressing! To give God His due is to realize that there is nothing better!

No comments: