Wednesday, April 20, 2011

RANTS in my pants

NOTE – SENSITIVE PEOPLE AND CHILDREN SHOULD NOT FOLLOW THE LINKS BECAUSE THERE ARE IMAGES OF A SEXUAL NATURE

 

I just read about how ‘Christians’ and ‘South Africans in general’ are reacting to some trashy song and quite frankly – these people don’t have a clue. [BE CAREFUL: REFERENCE – Read the comments]

 

For years the movie industry has been blaspheming the most beautiful name of Jesus Christ, whom is the Lord and Saviour for sinners, and people turn nothing but a blind eye. However, now that a song comes out and just happens to revolve around it, they have a problem.

 

HOW DARE CHRISTIANS REACT NOW? How many movies do you go to where the actors are screaming your "Lord and Saviours'" name in vain? You PAY these people to do what they do and NOW you have something to say? This is the secular world people!

 

More than once a week - "Christians" are paying to see movies and watch TV shows (at least they should be paying - but I know a lot who do not) where their supposed "Lord's" name is dragged through the mud. Please, if you were really offended, this reaction should've happened a long time ago.

 

To be quite frank these ‘Christians’ make me sick – they behave no better than the world, and yet now they are given the opportunity to complain, so they do it. They steal (and anyone who does not pay for TV series and DVDs is a THIEF and needs to REPENT) and they watch all the same movies as the world (which is actually allowing yourself to be influenced by the world) and NOW they complain. Where was the complaint about Hancock? Where was the complaint about “How I met your mother”?

 

I had to stop listening to “bicycle race” by Queen because I find it too scary a thought to allow blasphemy to be enjoyed as even part of a song. Will the REAL Christians please stand up!

3 comments:

Leonigh said...

Wow, Quin! Hard-hitting and true.

Anton Beetge said...

What do you think a Christian's response to blasphemy in a movie ought to be?
Its not a stupid question - I've thought about this a lot actually. How much is too much? Is there a place for context?

Quintin said...

Hey guys! Thanks for the comments
@Anton:
"Is there a place for context?"
I do not believe there is a place for context (please see my comments on Hancock), but I feel the real question is:

"Should we watch ANY movie with blasphemy?"

Should this be a tough question? Why do I feel like it is and yet it shouldn't be? Do we really pay to see movies that even in the slightest insult the Lord who died on the cross for us? Do we really give them money to entertain us? I must say I am convicted by this question and I am haunted by the cry of my heart.

And yet there is a part of me that says "we can't escape it, and we are not PAYING them TO blaspheme."

I am not saying "don't watch movies with blasphemy" - what I am saying is that IF you are going to take a stand you should do it in such a way that you are consistant.

My ethos is thus so: I will watch any movie, as long as I have a clear conscience about the contents. If the movie glorifies in soiling the name of my King, I will not go watch it. I keep a keen eye out for blashemy and I am sure to absorb it, lest my subconcious does. If I read a christian review (which I prefer to do) - I will trust their judgement.

For example - I will watch the Simpsons, not for the blashpemy, but because I rather enjoy the humour. They are not ALL about blashpemy - even for the more than occasional reference. I will not go NEAR the Simpsons movie, because it has an entire undertone of the kind of faith that is dead and satanic.

I also will not watch the series "Friends" because "'[Oh my G-d]' is for sure the most used phrase in the whole show" [REFERENCE]