Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Movies

To all who care - I have updated the movies link on the sidebar of the blog.

You can and do control Hollywood. Each time you participate with your money you are casting a vote for a movie and ALL that it contains. Can you imagine if all professing Christians actually took a realistic stand to say "We will not watch movies that blaspheme our Lord"

Do you really think they'll continue if even the PROFESSING Christians stopped. I'm not asking you to evangelise - I'm not asking you to become a calvinist. I'm asking you to stand up and be counted.

WHY OH WHY DO I STAND HERE AND CRY OUT TO THE DARK!!! WHO HEARS MY WORDS? WHAT GOOD IS ANY OF THIS IF YOU DO NOT STOP LISTENING AND START hearing??

Does anyone care for the name of their Lord? It's amazing how we boycott abortion and attack gay rights, but when we invite the enemy into our homes, lives and minds and then we wonder where all these things came from! I am taking my stand against the entertainment of the age.

3 comments:

Barry said...

Hey QJB,

Its rather uncanny how your post has caught my attention considering that this very thing
is what has occupied my thinking of late.

Its one thing to close your eyes or cover the offending item, and its quite another to pluck out your eye and cast it from you, isn't it?

I am praying for grace to sustain our commitment to righteousness being our delight and rest, in the face of my own flesh and the world's tasty morsels of passive and banal entertainment.

Strength to you in your struggle against passive receptivity of junk!

Barry

Anonymous said...

GOD is imaginary, otherwise I'll get my 111 trillion dollars already for ending poverty by donating that money. :)

Quintin said...

@Anonymous - either make sensible comments or I will disable you from commenting on this blog.

You come here to make yourself feel powerful, but in actual fact you are nothing but a coward. You won't even put your name to your comments. You have nothing valid to say, so you spurt some kind of 'trash talk.'

I pity you.